This is the final 1/3 of this quarter's race. The place in which we look back to see how far (or how little) we've come. If this was a race track, we'd have to sustain or pick up the pace to reach our goal. The greatest benefit of having a group with whom to run your race is the accountability that comes with camaraderie. The sounds of cheers (that great group of witnesses) and the hopes of family and friends increase our resolve to succeed.
No matter where you are in developing and "owning" your 3 Daily Actions--"Get Fit, Get Organized, and Get Inspired," there is time to improve. Is that not our deepest desire in this group--to change our lives for the better so that our lives might be ready and able to mentor the next generation (leaving a legacy)?
Get Fit: Be committed to "Weigh-In" each Wednesday. Why? It will inspire you to make progress toward your fitness goals: strengthening your muscles and bones, burning (if necessary) fat and calories, reducing your stress levels, and increasing your stability.
Get Organized: Your calendar MATTERS. Have you mastered planning, taking into account differing seasons and schedules? Be committed to "ordering your day aright so that you might gain a heart of wisdom."
Get Inspired: Summer Reading--remember those days? Have a reading schedule for the summer. Finish unfinished books, open your Bible daily, and stay abreast of current affairs. Learn about something new. Increase your understanding and passion for something you love--missions, a country, an issue.
Be encouraged,
Becky
Hi all, posting as anon again. As I wrote in the other group, Bogger wont let me stay signed in long enough to post. It just keeps going back to the sign in screen. I saw something about this after doing a search, they said it was being fixed but apparently isnt.
ReplyDeleteSo I gave up and posted the only way I can.
More later on the topic, but wanted to see if other folks are having the same issues with Blogger?
Btw, Becky, been catching the radio show almost every day and really you two are being blessed by God in all you do for all who call.
Posting test -- I'm having other issues:) with Blogger tonight too:)
ReplyDeleteHere goes for me. This last weekend, while out of town, I experience anxiety. Somehow I couldn't figure out what was wrong but as I lay on my hotel bed before our event I had to breath in the Holy Spirit and breath out anxious thoughts or feelings of inadequacy. Becky, I am so grateful to you for getting me in the daily walk bible, breathing exercises and tips to get organized. You are a breath of fresh air in my sometimes crazy world. Your quote regarding stress was spot on "close loop thinking" we all have experienced this and they are right it misfires our brain. Still working on mastering my schedule. one month of hope left
ReplyDeleteHi All: Wanted to share a nice online/phone calendar link. Cozi.com.
ReplyDeleteFly Lady mentioned it and you can send her apps to their calendar for your housekeeping chores. You can also add your own To do lists and set things up for different family members.
The paper planner I use, Day Timer, sent an Email today saying they now have the same sort of thing. It's free on their web site.
As far as finishing a book (or four), I have been trying to finish the first of Jan Karon's Mitford Series. I think I have a long way to go as there are a lot of books in thee series. I dont usually read Christian fiction, but her work is very soothing and she has such a way with words.
I'm also trying to complete, "Ordering Your Private World" by Gordon MacDonald. My pastor suggested it to us three or four years ago, and I shelved it and didnt finish.
Love the suggestion to read, not just Christian books either but old classics. I need to spend more time reading!
Laura.
Laura, Glad to hear you are reading the Mitford series. They are among my favorite books. Several years ago, a friend and I traveled to Charlottesville, VA, to meet Jan Karon and get autographed copies of her latest book. She is just delightful! If you get a chance, listen to the story of her calling to write those books. I believe you can find it on the website, mitfordbooks.com.
ReplyDeleteRobbie, I know what you mean about bouts of anxiety. All year I have struggled with too much on my schedule, and lately I've had a couple of parents who don't like the fact that grades are immediately entered in the grade book (which they can see any time--24/7). I really let the situation get to me for a couple of days, but then tried lying in bed quoting scriptures and breathing in Holy Spirit and out anxiety. It does help!
A few days ago i decided to order Sun Stand Still through audible.com, and as always, was prompted to consider some other choices. I also downloaded The Power of a Whisper, by Bill Hybels. I'm on Chapter 6 of the audio--listening as I do chores around the house. He begins by recounting the story of Samuel, who thought he heard Eli calling him three times in the night, only to discover that it was the Lord, and when Samuel called out for the Lord to talk with him, he gave him direction. Hybels talks of listening for that whisper in our own lives--It's a great complement to Becky's teaching.
Have a good week, everyone! Looking forward to being back with you once school is out!
Wanda
Oops--meant to say that parents don't like it when grades are NOT immediately entered in the grade book. (It helps to proofread and then post!)
ReplyDeleteWanda, that does make more sense! And Yes, Jan Karon is an amazing speaker. I've listened to some of her speeches, but need to find some others.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of anxiety, do please send up a prayer for me June 13. Diabetes has taken a toll on my teeth (and if that is the only complication I am blessed...) I have to have major extractions done that day, and I am a chicken. And then I have to be prepared for a few weeks of adjustments from the dentist. Business is slow again, I think families here go on vacation the minute Memorial Day hits, so stress upon stress. I am working on the breathing prayers........
Have a blessed week.