This week, I'm instigating a "new" tag line--JOT--for us to officially use during this quarter in each area of focus:
Get Fit: JOT (Just One Thing) when it comes to down to exercise is making room for the activity on your calendar. Not only do you need to determine when and where you will B, B, B, S, and L...but more importantly WHAT and WITH WHOM you are going to exercise. Yes, walking the dog (or husband) counts. Meeting a friend for coffee AFTER a brisk walk counts. Dancing to a home video counts. [Anybody remember the 5 components of a great workout?--feel free to post for all to review and for a gold star (kidding)!] But until the activity goes on your calendar, it can remain just a good intention.
Get Organized: Spring turns into Summer very quickly. What is Just One Thing you need to do THIS WEEK for the home/closet, home or business office, family vacation or celebration to get ahead of the crush? Ex: check on flights, hotel reservations, family schedules, school meetings, bills due while you're out of town, or getting the carpet cleaned? JOT!
Get Inspired: I'm going to stretch you here. What is JOT that you can do this week that will leave this next generation a legacy? Put a photo album together for a family reunion? Write a letter to your toddlers that they will read when they are teens? Take food to a family member or friend who is sick so their kids get a picture of God's provision for them? Post your "Get Inspired" JOT for all to read--inspiring us all:)!
Be encouraged,
Becky
Hi All: Working on Breathe, Balance, Burn, Strengthen and Lengthen......but seem to have hurt my back somehow. I have no idea on what.
ReplyDeleteSo, they will have to be worked in gradually. A gal in a group I moderate for was asking for prayer to find an accountability partner, that was a reminder of what we are striving for!
I agree with the thought that often we have to coordinate other people's schedules and take that into account when doing our own. I'm grateful my hubby goes to bed early and gets up early and I am the opposite. Helps me block out my time. I took a webinar from a diabetes group this week, and the teacher asked how much time we are taking out for our self? For our own health? Good points.
Finally, as far as leaving a legacy, gee God must want me thinking because I had this very question in a Bible study I am doing (just today). Having no children, all I can say is it has to come through what I do for others, which I boiled down to speaking/writing and exhortation.
Have a blessed weekend all!
I helped move my son out of the college dorms and back home this weekend, only to see first hand how disorganized he is and how this sets him back. JOT came to mind. I am going to use what I have learned in this series and help him with these key phrases to make some little changes with big results. He is home for the summer with no job and no school plan. Not good. I am not sure if this is leaving a legacy but I hope to impart some of the good habits I learned here and share them with him. Starting today!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the heads up on summer plans, we have a lot of hotel reservations to make and wedding presents to buy. I like being on top instead of behind.
Jot idea:
ReplyDeleteThinking about JUST the Words of our group.
GET fit, GET organized , GET inspired
Just thinking about how to do this in the idea of being a LEADER, LOVER, HEALER. Just thinking about how I can apply there ideas to a life long action.