This is just for those in our group--it is a refresher on how to burn calories and also gives you a few ideas (and benefits) of strengthening exercises.
The videos are playing perfectly like this....YEAH! Thanks Becky (though you have me missing the beach. Used to vacation in San Diego yearly but no more.....).
Great tips here and on the call, Becky. Enjoyed the video with the nice background view. I can relate to your words about not working out until you experience pain and will share a story in hopes of saving others some pain. . . .
Recently I booked some sessions with a personal trainer at the gym to get me back in the habit of going. Last Saturday, after a good session where we worked on strengthening my core, improving my posture, and stretching my back, the trainer had me stretch out on my stomach on a yoga map on the wooden floor of the gym so he could stretch my back a bit and relax the muscles. At one point, he pressed a little too hard with a foam roller, and I experienced a split-second of extreme pain. Not wanting to make him feel bad, I didn't say anything about it.
During the weekend, though, I began to wonder if he had cracked a rib. Since I had another session scheduled for today, I stopped at my chiropractor's office yesterday. When I couldn't lie face down on the adjusting table, he took me into another room and examined my ribs. He thinks I either have a stress fracture or some disturbed cartilage where one of the uppermost ribs joins the sternum and says not to do any or jarring exercises or ones that require weight-lifting for at least a week.
I sent a text to the trainer earlier today, but I haven't yet explained to him why I couldn't come today. I'm praying for the right words to tell him, for I don't want to make him feel bad; I know he didn't mean to cause an injury.
This incident gives me even more reason to want to eat right and exercise to stay strong!
great info and loved the out door view of the city.
ReplyDeletethanks Becky and God is with you today at the radio station. mic
The videos are playing perfectly like this....YEAH!
ReplyDeleteThanks Becky (though you have me missing the beach. Used to vacation in San Diego yearly but no more.....).
Great tips here and on the call, Becky. Enjoyed the video with the nice background view. I can relate to your words about not working out until you experience pain and will share a story in hopes of saving others some pain. . . .
ReplyDeleteRecently I booked some sessions with a personal trainer at the gym to get me back in the habit of going. Last Saturday, after a good session where we worked on strengthening my core, improving my posture, and stretching my back, the trainer had me stretch out on my stomach on a yoga map on the wooden floor of the gym so he could stretch my back a bit and relax the muscles. At one point, he pressed a little too hard with a foam roller, and I experienced a split-second of extreme pain. Not wanting to make him feel bad, I didn't say anything about it.
During the weekend, though, I began to wonder if he had cracked a rib. Since I had another session scheduled for today, I stopped at my chiropractor's office yesterday. When I couldn't lie face down on the adjusting table, he took me into another room and examined my ribs. He thinks I either have a stress fracture or some disturbed cartilage where one of the uppermost ribs joins the sternum and says not to do any or jarring exercises or ones that require weight-lifting for at least a week.
I sent a text to the trainer earlier today, but I haven't yet explained to him why I couldn't come today. I'm praying for the right words to tell him, for I don't want to make him feel bad; I know he didn't mean to cause an injury.
This incident gives me even more reason to want to eat right and exercise to stay strong!