Get Fit Tip: Burning fat and calories has SO many benefits that I often wonder why they are not motivating enough to get us to exercise or workout. Where breathing and balance and even strengthen and lengthen exercises improve our posture or stability or strength, aerobic exercises really turns up our body heat and starts to melt stored fat, increasing the release of endorphins, and improving the effectiveness of our cardiovascular systems. Additionally, aerobic exercise is also known for reducing stress and improving our sleep (who doesn't need/want that?). Some options include: indoor walking or biking equipment, outdoor walking (1700 steps = 1 mile) or jogging, marching in place (with knees lifted high), punching or dancing! (I don't have a lengthy video for the burn section, but I will post a short list of suggestions by/over the weekend.)
Get Organized Tip: This week, I'd like you to transfer the idea of "turning up the heat" to your organizational management by using bursts of energy to time your tasks and prioritize them. In previous groups, I have given assignments to "time" the chores we do SO that we are realistic about how short or long a particular chore might take. This week, I encourage you to make a list of all the gifts/cards you will need in the next few months--graduation, Mother's and Father's Days, weddings and birthdays. Use one burst of energy to list who, what, and when. Then put an errand on your calendar to buy x# of cards, set aside x# of $, and mail specific cards on specific dates. Even if you have only 2 or 3 of these deadlines, this exercise will get you "in tune" with doing a quick burn and release of stress because (1) you will be AHEAD of the trend (no impulsive purchases, no late cards) and (2) because you planned ahead.
Get Inspired Tip: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. A repeated favorite quote of mine, is the key to SO much of what I do when working or coaching. I realize I am more prone to forget or fret. When I plan ahead--even by brainstorming with others--I'm giving myself a greater chance of having a more effective life as a leader, lover, and healer. (For example, at a recent event with college students, they were so passionate about praying for their campus, but they needed a simple plan. Passion is not enough!) I want to encourage you to "hold onto" Psalm 90:12 this week...
Be encouraged!
Becky
Great tips, Becky, and a most appropriate Bible verse for me today. Three weeks ago was my birthday. Since that time I have lost two close friends, and a colleague at work has lost his wife. Although we know that God's timing is perfect, most people would agree that each of these women seemed to be "taken too soon." Thank you for offering us very practical ways to help us "number our days" and use them wisely.
ReplyDeleteWeek #17: 7 of 7 and 119 of 119
ReplyDeleteWonderful Tips!
Since this time of year there are so many things to do and celebrate, learning to burn calories with aerobic exercises is great to reduce stress.
With these things going on, the idea to "get ready" with cards is very timely. Needing to go to the store shortly, I will get on it.
Most importantly, the inspiration from Psalms 90:12 is valuable to lead me to a heart of wisdom while enjoying my studies and life.
Hi Ladies ,
ReplyDeleteWanda and Pam and everyone.
I am so happy to be back with a new out look. Had some set backs lately.
Good things are ahead for all of us.
Spring and flowers. End of the school year. Summer and Fun. Thanks for always being up for us Becky and God is with you!
liked the "Get ready" segment
and Burn ofcourse....is fun....thanks
A friend of mine wanted me to consider tryiing out for the AMAZING Race. hummmmmmm. something to think about.
inspired by Gods nice nessss to me.
gives me just what I need when I need it.
thanks again
Hi All: Feeling a bit behind this week.
ReplyDeleteFortunately, very few cards to buy anything for.
Mother's Day (My Mom only) and my 27'th anniversary in June.
I'm trying to get my daily schedule down so I focus more on working and then getting it done. I do not know why it takes me hours to do my office work. It shouldnt. I do have some brain fog from fibromyalgia and it causes me not to be able to multi task very well anymore.
Trying to put Kneeling prayer back into my schedule, and of course some walking or stationary biking.
My arthritis doctor gave me exercise ideas for my worsened arthritis conditions, and I am trying to get that going as well. Always something to work on!
Talk to you all Wed.
Hey Laura, Please pray about this and consider having a prayer warrior friend come over to your house and pray, room by room as the Spirit leads. I have heard many testimonies from people on how this has helped immensly many areas of their life. I did it last month with a sister in Christ and it has made a huge difference here. If you feel there may be a spirit of confusion or slumber or anything that does not seem right to you, pray in agreement, together, and rebuke it in Jesus name. Pray for the Holy Spirit to come and cleanout every nook and cranny. Spiritual spring cleaning so to speak. It is worth a try!
ReplyDeleteCarol, thanks and I have actually done that myself for all sorts of thing going on.
ReplyDeleteHaving fibro (a slight case, considered secondary) and being local support group leader, you come to find a lot of autoimmune conditions cause foggy thinking.
Also, We had a presentation just yesterday, very secular yet rather applicable, that a lot of people end up feeling like they have to get things done. However, the things they think they have to get done are robbing them of things they enjoy. I wasnt the only self-employed person in the group to admit, we get wrapped up in paperwork and trying to do things right but spend too long doing it.
The presenter asked us, if we were at the end of of our lives would we say we spent too much time doing one thing, and not enough doing what we were meant to do. Of course, I worked that in to mean serving God. I should be narrowing down the work time, expanding the time with Him.
He also said sometimes we "live in a comfort zone of safety, which may mean a world of missed opportunities."
I can easily sit here all day and say I Have to work. But, I really do need to ask God to help me get it done and get out of the office.
Part of the reason I stay in Becky's groups...helping to organize my days!
Hi again, everybody! Good discussion here. Carol, what good advice for Laura; I think sometimes all of us need that "spiritual spring cleaning." What a great way to put it.
ReplyDeleteLaura, I will certainly keep you in my prayers as you deal with health and job issues. Perhaps if you try setting a timer for just 15 minutes and promise yourself that you will be actively engaged in one of the tasks you need to do, that might get you started. I often think the first move is the worst; once you are involved in the activity--even if it is your least favorite--knowing that you only need to work for that short time might be just the spark you need.
Have a great rest of the week!
Wanda, LOL yes would love the fifteen minutes only. I think the problem is, I am bookkeeper by default (have been for 25 years) and detest numbers! My gifts are far more on the creative side (writing, teaching, leading, crafts!)
ReplyDelete