Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Week Twelve: Our Final Assignment...a look forward!

At the beginning of the year, I determined to name my online coaching series, "Becoming a Healthy American Woman." Why? Because after years of traveling and speaking, I rarely saw such a woman!  Instead, the women who came up to me after events, admittedly, called themselves "unhealthy or unholy or unhappy."

The goal of my 52 week course (or 4 quarters), consisting of weekly blogs and calls, has been specifically designed to meet a powerful conclusion--FOR EACH WOMAN TO LEAVE A LEGACY FOR THE NEXT GENERATION as LEADERS, LOVERS, AND HEALERS. (No more wishing and hoping--but acting on our desire to become healthy in every area of our lives.)

As our second quarter comes to a close, I am reminded that we are half-way through the year of becoming a woman who has...

(1) developed 3 non-negotiable traits of perseverance (beginning with the same intensity as we plan to end), self-control (being able to say 'no' to ourselves in order to say 'yes' to God,) and love (rather than a clanging symbol, we understand how to listen and to give).

(2) mastered 3 daily actions: managing our bodies, our time, and spirits through DAILY routines of fitness, organization, and inspiration.

As I look back, I see my own plodding and pressing has indeed caused me to incrementally (slowly but surely) become more like the woman I want to be...a leader (who communicates effectively to the masses), a lover (especially toward those closest to me, so there will be no disparity in my testimony), and a healer (one who brings the power of heaven to earth in prayer).

I challenge you to step into the call upon your life.  Take it to the next level in this coming quarter.  Become a leader through the 3 statements we will embrace: I will, I must, I won't.  (If you would like to sign up for Q3 or add personal coaching for the last half of the year, click here.)

Be encouraged to press on!

Becky

4 comments:

  1. Incredible truths in this blog, so much to absorb and then articulate. I believe when you articulate it, as Becky so beautifully has, one is able to see more clearly where she has come from and have a vision of where she wants to go or be. I am going to ponder these questions and write about them here this week.
    I like saying NO to wishing and hoping and YES to will and must.
    This morning as I picked up the house before I went for my walk I thought Yes, I have made progress, sometimes I get discouraged thinking I haven't but when I look at my notes where I began and where I am today I can say: I MUST keep persevering as a leader, lover, and healer. More later....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Headed out of town for a few days so I won't be able to look at this blog. I have to tell you a funny story. I encouraging my son to use some of the tools I have learned in this quarter. Such as DIN I told him to put them on post it notes to remind himself to do it now. So later he came in with a smile on his face and said, "I need to find my DIN sticky not so I don't forget to do it later." Have a great weekend, I am relieving my brother of taking care of my 88 yr old mother. When I told my brother that I could catch a plane the following morning he responded wow I feel like you understand and love me. This is the power of relinquishing control over to God; seeking to understand rather than being understood. Talk with you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a leader....well, I always get leader/teacher/exhortation when I take those spiritual gift tests...I'm working on communication. Joined up with some writers and still considering doing some writing. But hubby and I still have no work flowing in, and he sees the need much more for me to work for pay right now.

    Healing wise, I am praying healing prayers for him and my Mom. Both tend to move in and out of depression, so we need a good dose of God;s blessings. Praying for financial healing for friends and our own situation.

    Working on actions to show more love....
    Have a blessed weekend.
    Laura.

    ReplyDelete