Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week Eleven: Your Turn!

It's YOUR Turn!


Get Fit Tip: Give us your best/greatest/easiest workout tip.  What has been working for you?  Have you stayed, lost or grown? How do YOU overcome your laziness or procrastination?  Who is your accountability partner?  How much weight do you have to lose to be HEALTHY?  Please post your answers to help yourself and others.  (Me? Walk with my husband, daughter-in-law, and best buddy--3 to 4 times per week. Not too much more--plus I still follow the Flat Belly Diet which includes a MOFU at every meal.)

Get Organized Tip: What calendar system have you found that works for you? How has it made a difference in your daily routine? What is a trick you use to be on time or add "margin" into your calendar.  (My favorites--that keep me consistent, timely, and tenacious toward reaching my goals--include MIN, DIA, and WAG...plus setting ringers for tasks, not just meetings.)

Get Inspired Tip: What is your memory verse for the year or summer?  Why?  How is God using you to inspire others? What is God speaking to you at this season of your life? (Me? God has been, especially through the book of Acts, reminding me that He is a healer and that I must boldly ask Him for the healing of others; I am not to be shy or fearful, but bold and faithful!)

Quarter THREE begins on July 1st, 2011. THREE Statements of a Healthy American Woman: I Will, I Won't, I Must!  To join for the 3rd quarter, click here.  To upgrade to various levels of personal coaching for the last half of the year, a 60 Day Series, or 1/2 day of local coaching, click here.

Be encouraged,

Becky

20 comments:

  1. One post at a time: Get fit!!
    I find walking is the best for me. Having a partner and backup plan when someone cancels is good too. The other thing that works for me is to call someone while I am walking. I have lots of friends that I like to stay in contact with but really don't have time for a chit-chat sitting in a chair or going to lunch. So today, I called a lady that first taught me to be in the word even if it is only 10 minutes a day. (30 yrs ago she befriended me. She is 40yrs older than me) I was playing Thy Word is a light on my path on the piano and her name came to my mind. So, I
    walked and talked.
    Becky started me on the flat belly diet 2 years ago it has been the only diet I have been able to maintain. The key factor is making healthy eating a lifestyle. Going off of it to eat a piece of cake turns into more than one piece, at least for me. Easier just to say no thank you and know that your clothes are always going to fit and I am going to be doing my part to stay healthy.
    Get organized:tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi All: I'll follow Robbie and post the first two:
    Get Fit--walking remains the easiest thing to achieve. I have a golden retriever and our new bitty rescue pup who need walks. I go with hubby. Lately the AZ smoke has been choking us out, which is a good reason to get on the treadmill or bike inside. But the dental surgery has prevented me from doing much this week. I have no weight issues, but do not suggest the "Dental Surgery Weight Loss Plan". I'm craving all the things I cant eat.

    Get Organized: I do and have always put tasks in my calendar, along with appointments. Still working on condensing lists, and doing the 20/20/20 with DIA, WAG and MIN reminders.
    I like my Day-Timer, and use it every single day.
    I'm trying to re-assemble my Fly Lady Control Journal for housekeeping things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get organized: not there yet, but getting better. Tuesday is my day that I dedicate to some project to organize. I have prioritized the list added a target date and pencilled the task on the calendar.
    I like what Becky said about putting the task on a ringer. I used to put the ringer on for putting my expenses at the end of the day. When I thought I didn't need it anymore I quit and guess what the expenses stopped going in the computer.
    MIN helps a lot. #1 effective tool is planning a day in advance.
    Ladies, this is an area I have pushed myself for years, organization just isn't in my radar. I am not giving up, it might be hard, but worth the effort.
    Monthly calendar seems to be the best for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get Inspired:
    Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy think about such things. Phil 4:8

    This is framed on my desk as a reminder to pull in the Holy Spirit to control my thoughts and actions.
    Inspired others: Pray for others is number one. Also, I have found a small voice inside me will tell me to do something. For instance, yesterday, the voice said: pick some flowers for my friends mother. I was going to do it later when she was coming over to walk but DIN (do it now) came into my head. Just as I was finishing the arrangement my friend called and said can we walk now I am needing some encouragement now not later. She cried when I gave her the flowers.
    In the past before this group, I would hear the voice and my good intentions would not have any follow through.
    I am not sure I can answer God speaking to me through this season, other than, the daily walk bible. I get tidbits of instructions that I hang on to. Having an adult son home for the summer is challenging. I keep praying. Simplify and organize. Who knows what is ahead but I want to be ready.
    Thats all for now.
    Laura, I hope you are recovering nicely. I am remarkably better. Thanks for the prayer, Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robbie, thanks so much. I'm in a little less pain every day, but Eating is a huge challenge.

    Get Inspired: I've been convicted to just keep praying. And pray more for loved ones, and circumstances. It was so horrible, the IRS called a day or two after my dental surgery. I knew I owed a certain payment, and the lady said they would work that out. But there is a form that has gone unpaid for seven years. I have a bookkeeper, and a CPA who are very costly and neither one told me or asked me about this? And the IRS failed to send any reminders, late notices or forms for all those years?
    I didnt need that in my life when trying to recover from the dental thing.
    I've got to pray believing prayers for all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord, we praise you. We humbly come before you, knowing you are almighty King Lord of all. Forgive us when we don't believe, when we are skeptics. You have the perfect plan we just can't see it at times. Just as you opened the prison gates for Peter Lord we ask that you would open the web of IRS entanglements for Laura. Heal her body so she can eat. Most of all Lord, we ask for encouragement. Lift Laura's spirits and the other gals in this group that are facing hard situations. You, Lord, are our redeemer, nothing is too hard for you. Lord, thank you for the month that Becky and her husband had the radio show. Thank you that they listened to you. Holy Spirit guide their next step for your Kingdom. Lord, when we have nothing left we always have you. Tonight my heart is heavy for the Bride who lost her husband, I don't know her name, but you do. Please comfort her.
    Lord, I praise you for the neighbor who asked his neighbor to come over to pray for his cancer and accepted you as His Lord and Savior. Halleuia! Help us all to see your Kingdom, your power, your will. Nothing matters but you Lord. I lift up Mickey, Lorraine, Becky, Reggie, Wanda, Laura and anyone else that my brain can't remember. Give them a big dose of your peace tonight. Praise, honor, and Glory to you oh Lord. AMEN

    Pray without ceasing for this is what is pleasing to God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robbie, I can only say a huge Amen to that prayer!
    Did not make it to church this morning, but threw on some praise music and feeling a little more ready to handle life's battles with prayer and praise........
    Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Everyone,

    Thanks so much for the prayer Robbi.

    How can I every thank you. I just needed that prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get Fit!

    Starting saying to myself:
    I can Get Fit by walking

    Love the little reminder that Becky has given up through out this Q2. Still no accountability partner to keep me honest. But my kids keep teasing me. I guess that will work for now.

    Breath, Balance , Burn, Strengthen, Lengthen.

    need to hit on all 5

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get Organized!

    I can GET organized. Like a pocket day planer that counts the days. Also, don't laugh but I write the week and day on each day though out the week. I do count the days. I that this seriously and like to see that I can get organized at lest my time. mastering my house's mess is still a hard for me. We had a garage sale to earn a little money and now I have stuff all over the dinning room.

    Example of the Day = today I split the day in three parts. Day 170/195 left in the year.
    Week 11/d5
    Getfit/Getorgonized/Getinspired are the three parts.

    walking in the fit. appointments in the orgonized.
    and write some God stuff right now working on Praise .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get Inspired!
    I can get inspired. Just wanted to post a little about PRAISE. Working on the idea that Becky gave us about Praise God for what I don't like.

    So, that would look like this. God Praise today for the group. or next day just. for the idea of Praise. Dick Eastman said once the when you praise god he take a chair and sits there. so that gives me a good visual to believe God is right Here.

    OK! My Scriptures for this Q2

    1. PSALM 90:12 that Becky gave us.
    2. Rev. 2:17 Overcome stands out this scripture seem to come back to me about getting a new name.
    3. PSALM 18:32 Believing That God will do this.

    GOD ARMS me with strength, and He makes my way perfect.

    Beckys words "Srength comes with repetition"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I didn't mean to say that I don't like this group. That came out incorrect. I meant to say that when I Praise God for something like:
    the heat I am inviting him to work out a more greatful spirit in me. I am greatful for this group. and am working on the Praise part of being inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  13. one more thing:

    Still have Beckys saying"If you do what you have always done you will get what you have always gotten."

    Still remember to keep trying and working on getting my house up to speed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the posts--and especially the enthusiasm (which means "God within")! B

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laura,
    you are in my prayers tonight

    Robbi,
    you too

    and the group who I remember need my Praise for all the time they put into doing the assignments when they don't know if they have the time. WE can get fit,
    We can get organized
    We can get inspired

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mickey, thank you! Love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mickey, you put a smile on my face. One day at a time. Sounds like you are moving forward.
    My walking partner is out of town for the week and because of your post, Mickey, I feel motivated to walk first thing in the morning.
    Good night

    ReplyDelete
  18. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/brittanybarringer

    This is a link to my CBS leader's blog about her health. She has incurable cancer.
    This quote from her blog caught my eye as I thought of the challenges many are facing today.
    "A victim grumbles a victor praises God in all things."
    Praise God, He is worthy of all our praise.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the posts! I am a little behind but can contribute this...After this year, starting in January, I have come to the conclusion that if everything were stripped away from me, and I mean everything and everybody, as long as My Saviour is with me, I will be OK. I don't know what is ahead for me, but I do sense an urgency to simplify and get to the things that are most important. So, my first thing in the morning is my time with God, all alone, in the quiet of the new day. The next thing I must do is figure out that day when I will either do something aerobic or stregthen/lengthen. If I have those 2 things covered, then I am at peace. I look at my calendar a week in advance and the night before each new day. I haven't tried "ringers" but I think that would help...I would like to set a ringer for meal planning...on my phone perhaps. I have a girlfriend/prayer sister that I walk with occas and I will say this...our walk together is for over an hour and it feels like 5 min. When I walk alone, it takes forever! A buddy is the way to go!
    Robby, your prayer is beautiful. He is all we need, He is always there. I am naked before Him for the first time in my life. He is amazing, He is amazing. He knows every struggle, everything we deal with every day. He knows, He sees. He truly is all we need. He will take care of us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Get inspired tip: I recently received prayer ministry with several ladies experienced in this sort of prayer time, and the Lord healed me of the way I viewed my Heavenly Father. I was putting the face/characteristics of my earthly father on my Heavenly Father and it was not a good thing to do. I was released from the idea of constantly working for my favor with Him (legalism). It is life transforming - a real supernatural experience with Father God. So that is where God has me - also a lot in the Psalms and in Isaiah 40, and Isaiah 58 - "a well watered garden"!

    ReplyDelete