I've discovered that ending strong, completing a tough task, or accomplishing something "over time," requires short-term focus!
Because it is so easy to fatigue or get discouraged when we set out to accomplish a big goal...
(1) we MUST divide the BIG goal into LITTLE goals that can be achieved hourly or daily or weekly,
(2) we have to set our heart and mind on the task with our words--in front of others. To tell others "I WILL..." or "I WON'T" allows you to have dozens of accountability partners who are (and I'm being honest) either hoping you will fail or succeed. And it doesn't matter how they are rooting--accountability keeps us honest!
Be encouraged to make little changes in your life, every day, in order to see the big results you desire: a fit and healthy body, an organized and well-managed home and calendar, and a Spirit-filled life.
Amen?
Be encouraged!
To review all levels of coaching or to sign up for the Quarter 3's Healthy American Woman Series (3 Statements: I WILL, I WON'T, I MUST), click here.
Such amazing truth in dividing our goals into manageable bites. I used to have good intentions but through this group I have learned to have good goals with a daily, weekly, hourly, plan of attack. Thank you Becky, for your willingness to lead us and the God inspired insights.
ReplyDeleteI just came home yesterday from visiting my mother. When I look at my family of origin and the total disfunction there, I want to get on my knees and Praise God that he saved me from that lifestyle. I am humbled that he loved me and died on the cross for me. I have all I need with him at the helm of my life. In God's plan, he directed me to people like Becky who have given to me in areas I lacked to achieve all that God has intended for me. I am signing up for more...
Phil 4:8
Last night I was bemoaning what I havent gotten done. Three weeks of the dental surgery and aftermath and I have really been out of it. Mainly so much to do on the house, and my stretching exercises.
ReplyDeleteToday's wrap up of the quarter put things a little more in a workable frame.
Looking forward to next quarter, and keeping on keeping on.
Bless you all, thank you Becky for all you do for us.
Q2: Progress Report
ReplyDeleteGet Fit: loved the videos and the whole workout that you put out there for us. Myself...did stick to walking. But now that I am off for 3 weeks getting out of a routine.
Get Organized: Have been using my time before taking a trip on Sat. to clean out my House. Mostly the basement.
Get Inspired: Have read my "Change your life Yearly bible now for 180days. and at lest pray for 1/2 hour but like to do better.
other little changes: just have a better place to put my books so the living room doesn't look to cluttered. I love to read and all kinds of inspiring books and have a lot to go through. And one other thing ... just learning what you said about "just one day at a time" thank again
I'm really looking forward to Q3 and its clear three-statement focus. . . . As summer vacation approached, I vowed to get enough sleep each night, to avoid overloading my schedule, and to savor the simple things in life. Almost every day of my time off, I have slept well, gotten up early, and spent some wonderfully peaceful moments pruning bushes, digging up weeds, thinning irises, and enjoying the sounds of nature all around me.
ReplyDeleteMy muscles are sore, my hands and arms scratched and bruised, and yet I feel so refreshed! As I kneel there on the ground, I feel so close to God and so attuned to the blessings that no money can buy. While working, I compose little snippets in my head and have even begun to title some of them--:"Sermons from the Soil, "Backyard Blessings," "Clearing the Clutter," etc. I want to write them down before I lose them; however, right now I am content just to let the thoughts flow as I move from one flower bed or row of bushes to the next. There are so many life lessons all around me out there.
One of my special delights of the summer has been the return of the pair of catbirds. Those who were in Becky's group last summer may recall my story of attempting to cut down a large bush, only to discover right after lopping off the entire "front wall," that I had exposed a little nest with three eggs to the world! I felt so responsible for the little babies that I visited them numerous times each day and repeatedly fed the adult birds berries. . . . Well, Mama and Papa are back--still spoiled by the berries, and they have another nest of babies! This time, they built the nest about 8 or 9 feet above my head, but they trust me enough to allow me to climb a fairly tall ladder and take pictures of the babies each day.
What good parents those little birds are! While the little birds sleep without a care in the world, the parents are never very far away.
Robbie and Laura, I'm so glad you have remained so faithful to both of the groups this quarter. I wish you and all the others in the group(s) a wonderful summer and a blessed 2nd half of 2011.
Becky, I am grateful to be a part of such groups, and I want you to know how much I appreciate and thank you for all you do.
Have a wonderful 4th of July!
Hey, Mickey! I think we were both writing tonight at the same time. It's good to hear from you again, too. It sounds as if you are doing really well. That's wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteTake care! Looking forward to reading your posts in the 3rd quarter.
Wanda,
ReplyDeleteThanks and Yes. I remember the bird from last summer.
Mickey & Wanda you put such smiles on my face. I loved the bird story last summer and miss your incredible writing Wanda. Mickey, Wow 180 days reading the bible it sure makes a difference doesn't it. I wish we all lived close we could wrap up with a Tea in my backyard or a weekend together in sunny California I had a shower recently for my daughter's friend. All 8 of the bridesmaids spent the night. Doesn't a slumber party sound fun. Laura, you'll be back on your feet soon. Most of my wounds are healed, it is interesting how the outward just isn't as important as the inner. I see a difference in me. I can only think it is the daily bible reading. Thanks, all of you for giving me a safe place to write out my thoughts. See you next quarter! I will call Reggie tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteWanda, really enjoyed hearing about Mom and Dad Bird and more babies coming. You do paint wonderful pictures with your words.
ReplyDeleteI like your focus on the simple things.
Mickey, Yeah! on the Bible reading!
Robbie, I am feeling a bit better every day. Eating better, without so much pain. At least spending the holiday weekend in better shape than I was!
Have a blesesed, and safe holiday.
Love this group, hope to see you in Q3.
I love reading all the posts! My main frustration in life is just getting beyond the day to day stuff that always seems to get in the way. There is so much I like to do and want to do, yet never get to do a lot of the extra's. I am learning so much from this group. I have not been listening to the calls for this month and hope to catch up with that...
ReplyDeleteIt seems, with 3 teens, a college student house guest, and my husband, I grocery shop, cook and clean,empty the diswasher, and then start over again...but, I have had my quiet time and my workouts daily and some music time. Life is good! Have a great holiday everyone!
Carol, I like the way you put that.
ReplyDeleteI pray we all end up having time for more extras...especially the meaningful ones.