Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week Two: Get into the Habit of Starting...

Get Fit Tip: Click here to watch this week's clip on breathing. Breathing is going to be used in every part of your workout--whether you're walking or stretching. The purpose of breathing is to release a deeper stretch or relax your mind and body. Take advantage of the benefits of breathing--it is your starting position! (Remember, this video or workout is not to be shared with others -- it's just for members in our group.)

Get Organized Tip: Seth Godin in Poke The Box writes, "The challenge is getting into the habit of starting!"

Get Inspired Tip: Matthew 6:33 says, "Seek first the kingdom of God, and ALL these things will be added unto you." After speaking this week and speaking to 100's of women, I was reminded that we all need to change one or more areas of our lives--we all struggle with something! But the starting place of change...is bringing your concerns to God!

Be encouraged,

Becky

7 comments:

  1. Got the video to work and did the breathing exercise; good choice in background music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have DSL, but video is still stopping and starting for me. Maybe I will try it on my laptop to see if something is more updated on that, as far as players go....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathe you In
    By Julie True

    good songs for this week
    and

    Kerrie Roberts
    Keep Breathing

    one line that I just think is PERFECT
    "Keep Breathing You'll make it
    Don't give in, you're not done Yet//
    Keep Breathing and Believing// don't let go, just hang on TIGHTER , a little longer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing those songs, Mickey. I listened to Julie--beautiful voice. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mickey: such encouragement- Thank You This breathing exercise works on many levels doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathing is HUGE! The video was great Becky. When I went to a Chiropractor for help last August, the first thing we did was go through some breathing exercises. And then, when I went to a Physical Therapist who specializes in "Myofascial Release" she also went over some breathing exercises. SO, in conclusion, breathing is key to overcoming stress and fatigue that can then cause tightness and injury. I find myself now taking deep breaths in my car while I drive. It is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Week 15: 7 of 7 and 105 of 105

    Wow Becky! The importance and connection of getting fit, organized, and inspired is amazing.

    "Just breathe" is something I have said and used for many years. To add breathe in holy spirit and breathe out anxiety makes it more powerful.

    And, to remember to "seek first the kingdom of God" solidifies the connections and reality.

    ReplyDelete